A global leader in digital health
At ResMed, we pioneer innovative solutions that treat and keep people out of the hospital, empowering them to live healthier, higher-quality lives. Our digital health technologies and cloud-connected medical devices, transform care for people with sleep apnoea, and other chronic diseases.
An estimated 936 million people suffer from sleep apnoea or sleep suffocation – the upper airway closes off causing the body to jolt “awake” to take breaths throughout the night.1
ResMed provides: CPAP therapy that’s smaller, quieter, more comfortable, more connected.
- 4% fewer inpatient and emergency dept. visits for every nightly hour slept on CPAP2
- 62% lower all-cause mortality rate when treating sleep apnoea with CPAP3
- 87% patient adherence when remotely and self monitored4
Learn more about sleep apnoea:
COPD and lung diseases
An estimated 380 million people suffer from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease,5 the world’s third leading killer.6 ResMed provides the world’s most complete solution suite throughout a patient’s journey.
- Cloud-connected invasive, non-invasive, and bilevel ventilation devices
- Non-invasive ventilation (NIV) reduces one-year risk of death by 76%7
- Portable oxygen enables mobility; regular physical activity is linked to lower risk of hospitalization, death8
- Propeller Health digital sensor and app connect to most COPD/asthma inhalers. For asthma, it helps increase symptom-free days 48%9 and reduce emergency visits 53%10
Learn more about COPD:
1. Benjafield AV et al. Lancet Respir Med 2019
2. Kirsch DB et al. J Clin Sleep Med 2019
3. Lisan Q et al. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2019
4. Malhotra A et al. Chest 2018
5. Adeloye D et al. J Glob Health 2015
6. WHO. https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/the-top-10-causes-of-death. Accessed Jun 19, 2020.
7. Garcia-Aymerich J et al. Thorax 2006
8. Kohnlein T et al. Lancet Respir Med 2014
9. Barrett M et al. Health Aff 2018
10. Merchant R et al. World Allergy Organ J 2018