Monitoring sleep apnoea treatment
ResMed devices with wireless connectivity transmit patients’ device and therapy statistics to AirView, just one hour after the therapy session has ended.1 This allows you to monitor and, where required, update your patients’ device settings quickly and remotely. If a patient has no wireless module or you require detailed data reports, you can download data from the SD card.
AirView key benefits
Essential to these solutions is AirView, ResMed’s cloud-based patient management system that allows you to remotely monitor your patients’ therapy data, and customise settings to meet their individual needs.
Remote monitoring with AirView has allowed medical equipment providers to reduce unnecessary patient visits and spend time on the phone with those who truly need it.2 And our patient engagement platform, myAir, is helping patients achieve initial compliance and stay on therapy long term.3
With AirView’s ‘remote assist’, you’ll always have a snapshot of patients’ therapy data on hand, helping to reduce lengthy phone calls during troubleshooting, and unscheduled visits.
Ensure patient compliance
By addressing problems early, you can reduce patient drop-outs and accelerate adherence to therapy from as early as the trial period.4-6
Increase quality of care
With each patient’s therapy progress easily accessible, you can focus on patients who need it most.
“By using AirView, the care team was able to quickly identify those patients who were non-compliant or experiencing problems.”
Claire Goulden – Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust Hospital, UK
AirView, ResMed’s cloud-based patient management system, enables remote access to therapy and device information, making it easier to work collaboratively across the healthcare industry.
Connected health for sleep apnoea
ResMed is pioneering the future of healthcare through its connected health devices and solutions for use in each step of your patient’s treatment cycle.
Discover our Remote CPAP setup guidebook
More about treatment options
* ASV therapy is contraindicated in patients with chronic, symptomatic heart failure (NYHA 2-4) with reduced left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF ≤ 45%) and moderate to severe predominant central sleep apnoea.
- For AirSense™ 10, AirCurve™ 10 and Lumis™ therapy devices. Information available at midday for AirMini™ therapy device.
- Price Waterhouse Coopers. Effects of telemonitoring on treatment of sleep disordered breathing, 2015, Obj ID B88851.
- Price Waterhouse Coopers. Empowering the sleep apnoea patient. A study of how myAir users behave better. 2016
- Fox N et al. The impact of a telemedicine monitoring system on positive airway pressure adherence in patients with obstructive sleep apnea: a randomized controlled trial. Sleep 2012;35:477–81.
- Schoch O et al. Improved adherence to CPAP by telemetric support in newly diagnosed OSAS patients. Eur Respir J 2013;42:P2045.
- Munafo D et al. A web based automated messaging program for CPAP adherence coaching reduced the coaching labor required while yielding similar adherence and efficacy to standard of care coaching. American J Respir Crit Care Med 2014;189:A6570