Your Narval CC oral appliance therapy system is made up of two custom-made splints – one for your upper jaw and one for your lower jaw – and two connecting rods that hold the splints together.
To keep your oral appliance in optimal condition, we recommend that you clean it as follows:
After each night you use the device
- Immerse in lukewarm drinking quality water (e.g. in a clean glass or container).
- Clean the Narval appliance with a denture brush, making sure to brush the inside surface of the Narval appliance for at least 1 minute. A denture brush typically offers two different brush heads. The smaller brush with angled bristles allows for cleaning the inner surfaces of the Narval appliance, while the larger brush allows for cleaning the outer surfaces.
- Rinse well with clean, lukewarm drinking quality water.
- Carefully inspect the Narval appliance to confirm it is visibly clean (e.g. no visible particles remaining on the device). If necessary, clean the device again, repeating steps 1 through 4.
- Once clean, dry the Narval appliance with a clean tissue or towel and place it back in its storage box.
Twice a week
Clean your Narval appliance more thoroughly, using an antibacterial denture cleanser designed for orthodontic appliances:
- Read the instructions of the antibacterial denture cleanser carefully before use.
- Clean your Narval appliance following the instructions provided by the cleanser manufacturer.
- Rinse the Narval appliance well with clean, drinking quality water.
- Dry the Narval appliance with a clean tissue or towel and place it back in its storage box.
- Over time the splints of your Narval appliance might change colour. This may be due to the acidity of your saliva and how well you take care of your Narval appliance. This will not affect its performance.
Regular follow-up is the best way for you and your healthcare team to monitor your sleep health.
Your Narval CC™ oral appliance is made precisely to fit your specific needs, and your dental sleep clinician will adjust the settings to suit your treatment requirements. Over time, however, those needs might change, and your settings might need to be changed as a result. Follow-up allows your clinician to see how you’re responding to your therapy and adjust it to optimise efficacy and compliance, so you can continue to get the most out of your treatment.
If you stop feeling the benefits of treatment even though you use your equipment every night, you should speak to your care provider as soon as possible.
Love to go camping and enjoy the outdoors? It’s easy with Narval CC. Toss your appliance in it’s storage container and off you go! Just remember to bring your denture cleaning brush to clean the Narval appliance after each time you use it and an antibacterial denture cleanser designed for orthodontic appliances if you’ll be away for more than a few days.
Where to find ResMed sleep clinics in the UK?
Need to meet us? Find our different localisation in UK.