Changing from nighttime mask setup to daytime mouthpiece setup
Continuous or intermittent ventilatory support for patients weighing more than 5 kg.*
- Single circuit with leak
- Single circuit with valve
- Double circuit**
- Mouthpiece circuit
- Valve circuit therapy: CPAP, (A)CV, P(A)CV, P-SIMV, V-SIMV, PS
- Leak circuit therapy: CPAP, (S)T, P(A)C, iVAPS* and optional AutoEPAP
- Mouthpiece ventilation therapy: (A)CV, P(A)CV, PS
- Manual breath**
- Sigh breath (recruitment)**
- Apnoea ventilation: Volume and pressure
- 4 Preset programmes***
- Delivered pressure (cm H2O):
2–50 (leak circuit)
0–50 (valve circuit)
- Delivered tidal volume (mL):
Adult: 100–2500 mL
Paediatric: 50–300 mL
- Respiratory rate:
Adult: Off, 2–50 bpm
Paediatric: Off, 5–80 bpm
- SpO2 monitoring – Optional
- FiO2 monitoring****
- On screen:
30 days of summary data
Real-time pressure and flow (25 Hz)
- ResScan (via download):
365 days of summary data
7 days of detailed data
A wide range of settable alarms is available including FiO2 and SpO2, when connected.
- Weight: 3.2 kg
- Physical and general specifications (L x W x H): 285 mm x 215 mm x 93 mm
- Internal battery: Lithium-Ion battery, 14.4 V, 6.6 Ah, 95 Wh. 8 hours with a new battery under normal conditions – not intended to serve as a primary power source.*****
- Sound power level: 43 ± 3 dBA †
- Sound pressure level: 35 ± 3 dBA †
- IEC 60601-1 classifications:
Medical electrical equipment – general requirements for basic safety and essential performance
- Class II (double insulation) Type BF
Suitable for use with oxygen
With AirView and ResMed connected home non-invasive solutions, you can access detailed patient monitering data, identify problems and make routine adjustments remotely.
ResMed offers a wide range of masks within each category that combine lightweight comfort with superior seal and fit.
* iVAPS therapy mode is indicated for patients weighing 30 kg and above.
** Not available with Astral 100.
*** Only 2 preset programmes are available with Astral 100.
**** Optional with Astral 100.
***** Astral connects to one or two external batteries, each providing up to 8 hours of operation.
Reminder : The internal battery is not intended to serve as a primary power source. It should only be used when other sources are not available or briefly when necessary; for example, when changing power sources.
The internal battery autonomy of 8 hours is informative.
† As measured according to ISO 80601-2-12:2011.