Narval CC is a clinically-proven1-3 CAD/CAM oral appliance that’s custom-made for great comfort3 and compliance4. It’s one of the smallest and lightest oral appliances available on the market. In almost 80% of users, apnoea-hypopnea index (AHI) scores decrease by more than 50%1.
An innovative CAD/CAM oral appliance
Thanks to CAD/CAM, Narval appliance design can easily be customised. Standardised processes and digital technology deliver high-quality appliances. Our CAD software simulates mandibular movements and calculates the retention forces and distribution for each patient.
Various design options to meet different needs
Narval CC comes in five different designs that can be used on patients with different tooth morphologies. Each design comes with a protrusive range of up to 15 mm, with adjustments possible in 0.5 mm increments. Learn more
Narval CC uses a traction-based articulation method that maintains the mandible in a protruded position along the occlusal plane, instead of pushing it forward like conventional, compression-based MRDs. This articulation promotes lip seal, so your patients can sleep with their mouths closed during the night.3 It also creates 10% less stress on the temporomandibular joint (TMJ).3
Narval CC: a clinically proven1 and effective treatment
A medically-supervised process
Successful oral appliance treatment requires close collaboration between an efficient network of healthcare providers. Narval CC is a medical device that’s prescribed after a sleep test and whose usage follows a well-established clinical protocol. It requires expert dental evaluation, precise fitting, monitoring of the patient’s condition, and periodic adjustment of the device’s advancement levels in order to maintain treatment efficacy.
* IOS: intra-oral scanning.
** CAD/CAM: computer-aided design and manufacturing.
- Vecchierini MF et al. A custom-made mandibular repositioning device for obstructive sleep apnoea-hypopnoea syndrome: the ORCADES study. Sleep Medicine 2016 Mar; 19:131-40.
- Vecchierini MF & al. Late Breaking Abstract – Efficacy and tolerability of a custom-made mandibular repositioning device (MRD) for the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA): ORCADES study 5-year follow-up data, European Respiratory Journal 2019; 54: Suppl. 63, OA3272.
- Attali V & al. Efficacy and tolerability of a custom-made Narval mandibular repositioning device for the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea: ORCADES study 2-year follow-up data. Sleep Med. 2019 Nov;63:64-74.
- Sutherland et al. Efficacy versus Effectiveness in the Treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea: CPAP and Oral Appliances. Journal Dental Sleep Medicine, 2015.